29 November, 2012

Not sure if we're supposed to be creeped out or think it's adorable...

Reddit, almost every day some random Haitian couple calls and talks to my two year old giving me time to clean the house, etc. What weirdly awesome random little things are you thankful for? More Details inside. : AskReddit: One day when they called and I was really busy doing laundry so I just put the phone on speaker and gave it to my 2 year old daughter. She reacted to their voice, and started "talking" back babbling, laughing and mimicking them. I went in the other room and came back 10 minutes later and they were still on the phone talking to her. Eventually my daughter mashed enough buttons to hang up the phone.

The next day, they called back, phone went straight to my daughter... This has been going on for about 2 months now. Some days they listen and talk for 20 minutes, most days its only around 5, but they have talked to her for as much as thirty minutes before. During this time, I am able to load the dishwasher, do laundry, pick up the house and use the bathroom. Stuff that is really hard to do with a very active 2 year old.