11 February, 2014

To the Ticket Agent at the Delta Counter�|�Josh Misner, Ph.D.

To the Ticket Agent at the Delta Counter�|�Josh Misner, Ph.D.: We were the last ones off the plane.

I began to feel enraged at seeing this outpouring of selfishness and willful ignorance.



 My determination to make the connection was growing by the millisecond, though, and as soon as we were out of the gate, the three of us sprinted -- or at least, as fast as a 6-year-old's legs can run.

Reaching the terminal and seeing our gate within grasp, I felt a glimmer of hope, but that hope dissipated when I realized the jetway door was closed, the reader board had been updated to reflect the next flight assigned to the gate (which wasn't ours) and the seats surrounding the gate were empty.

Two minutes. We missed our bloody flight because of the two minutes we lost because of the selfishness of others. My outrage turned into an outright grown-man-tantrum.