22 April, 2014

Leaning Out: Placing More Emphasis on Life in the Work-Life Balance - Pacific Standard: The Science of Society

Leaning Out: Placing More Emphasis on Life in the Work-Life Balance - Pacific Standard: The Science of Society:

I have is a fantastic relationship with the guy who has let me cost
us $750,000, and I have an ability to support his work as a medical
educator and physician. I have a libido. I have a strong relationship
with my extended family. I have friends and neighbors who call me when
they need me and help me when I call them. I have two triathlon
“completion” medals and serious plans to do an Olympic-length triathlon
this year. I have a contractor who enjoys muddling with me over lunch
with a new plan for hours. I live in a neighborhood full of rainbow
flags I helped put up, in a house now known as “the flower house” in
town, because I’ve worked the garden so long with the mate. I have a
friendship with a squirrel named Fred, and the other day, I had a
northern flicker at my suet feeder, because I keep the feeders stocked
every day, the birdbath cleaned and watered every day.