04 October, 2015

In Mecca I saw little of Islam’s compassion, but a lot of Saudi Arabia’s neglect | Sabreena Razaq Hussain | Comment is free | The Guardian

In Mecca I saw little of Islam’s compassion, but a lot of Saudi Arabia’s neglect | Sabreena Razaq Hussain | Comment is free | The Guardian:

In Mecca I saw Muslims, but I saw little Islam. I did not see compassion from our hosts, I did not see their concern for our welfare. I urge all Muslims, pilgrims or otherwise, not to just accept the above as part of the challenge or experience of hajj, but to raise their voices. Write to your local MP, write to the Muslim Council of Britain and utilise your local community groups to express your outrage, and add to the clamour already building in the international arena.
Pilgrimage is supposed to enlighten and change lives, not endanger or end them. It is time to reclaim it.


'via Blog this'