13 March, 2016

dy_over_dsex comments on 11 years ago today, Darius Washington went down in flames

dy_over_dsex comments on 11 years ago today, Darius Washington went down in flames:


"Listen, man. I heard what happened. It sucks. I know it sucks. But that's part of life. You win some. You lose some. The game's over, there's nothing you can do to change that. You gotta get back out there, okay man? Get better. Never give up."
I was almost completely in tears, but I was astonished that this guy - this loser - this ACTUAL BASKETBALL PLAYER THAT FAILED ON NATIONAL TELEVISION - could possibly have that mindset. Surely everywhere he goes, he'll be asked "Hey do you remember when you had a chance at glory and fucked it up?" I'm pretty sure I managed to get a quick "thank you" in before handing the phone back to one of the adults and just kind of...sitting before practice. Gathering my thoughts.
If someone at that level could deal with failure like that - could persevere - maybe his advice was solid? Maybe I should just get back out there? I had a new level of motivation.


'via Blog this'