11 November, 2016

‘Learn your manners,’ a white man wrote to his black neighbor. This was the response. - The Washington Post

‘Learn your manners,’ a white man wrote to his black neighbor. This was the response. - The Washington Post:

The neighbor who wrote the letter, David O., told The Washington Post that the note had nothing to do with race. He asked that The Post not use his full last name because he fears backlash.
David O. said he and his wife just wanted to sleep. They didn’t know Brookshire was black until the post went viral. He said his upstairs neighbor was cursing and yelling, and it sounded like he was arguing.
Still, David O. said, he understood how the note he penned while sleepy and angry could come across as aggressive.
“I know this was probably dictated by the tone of my note, but please do not perceive me as just another narrow-minded white p—- scared of anything outside of his little white world,” he wrote back to Brookshire. “I have nothing in common with such people, and I would like to emphasize it once (again) that my note yesterday, rude as it was, was nothing more than a response to a late-night disturbance.”


'via Blog this'