06 December, 2016

MiltownKBs comments on [Video] As a child, growing up with this man was one of the best things to ever happen to me and millions of other children.

MiltownKBs comments on [Video] As a child, growing up with this man was one of the best things to ever happen to me and millions of other children.: "I moved to Pittsburgh 5 months ago. I was unaware that was where he was based from, and that the city had a reverence for him. I was walking along the north shore during summer, and I heard this music wafting through the air...and I wondered who the hell was playing the Mister Rogers theme along the shore, nestled among major sports stadiums. I walked closer and closer to the music, and found that there was a Mister Rogers memorial loudly playing not only his theme, but also various songs he sang over the years, including a statue of him tying his shoe while smiling at you. I had to stop and collect myself as I shed a few tears, looking out over a city that paid homage to a man that was a huge part of my childhood, that we should all strive to be a little more like.
"



'via Blog this'