27 July, 2017

Norm Macdonald Sounds Off on SNL: ‘I Think They’re Playing Into Trump’s Hands’

Norm Macdonald Sounds Off on SNL: ‘I Think They’re Playing Into Trump’s Hands’:

So if you were still doing “Weekend Update” on that show now, what would your approach be?
I don’t know. I always wrote non-political jokes, because I just hate politics so much. Jim Downey wrote the political jokes. And I was kind of shocked, because someone sent me a thing of all the Hillary [Clinton] jokes I did. It was like 20 minutes of them. And they were all, everyone of them, the premise was that she was a huge liar. And that was like 20 years ago. I didn’t know that. I guess she was. My theory is this: People hated Hillary Clinton so much that they voted for someone they hated more than Hillary Clinton in order to rub it in. And if you think about it, this is also the only presidential election we’ve had where only one guy ran.


'via Blog this'