30 July, 2017

Thank you for calling. How may I assist you? | Thoughts from the Journey

Thank you for calling. How may I assist you? | Thoughts from the Journey: "I was a Care Advocate for a major insurance company.   I was the lady  on the phone who authorized services for insurance members.   At first, it seemed fine.  I worked from home.  I had a list of tasks to complete for the day.    One year into the job, the work quickly changed when I became a glorified telephone operator.  In May, my manager  let me know that if I did not reach a 25% negotiation rate, I would receive a corrective action in my personnel file.  Translation: turn services down at a 25% rate.  It became crystal clear that this work was no longer for me.  I had to find something else that did not cross all ethical boundaries that I held dear"



'via Blog this'