24 September, 2017

A Black Physician Pulled a 26-hour Shift Helping People and Saving Lives. But On His Way To His Car This Happened.

A Black Physician Pulled a 26-hour Shift Helping People and Saving Lives. But On His Way To His Car This Happened.:

But instead, I walked to my car. The man called me the N-word about five more times, laughing so hard I thought it was certain he would lose consciousness.
I sat behind the wheel for a very long time, maybe ten minutes, processing. I was angry at the man, but also at the people that didn’t say anything. I was angry at myself for not saying anything.
Sometimes, I just feel alone. Who I am, simply the color of my skin, makes me the target of hate from people that I will never even know. I truly try to love and understand everyone, so when one person returns that with malice and ill-will, it’s a lot to take in.


'via Blog this'