24 September, 2017

Imposter Syndrome - 22 years and still faking it. - The Geek Speaks

Imposter Syndrome - 22 years and still faking it. - The Geek Speaks: "One of the main reasons I wanted to speak about imposter syndrome, is that over the years when I spoke to technologists new and old across all industries and events, and I was often told the same thing; but you can’t have imposter syndrome. I have been struggling with imposter syndrome since before I left college, I was a computer science major who was sure he wasn’t smart enough to become a programmer. In the last few years as I have pivoted to more management and mentoring in my jobs and the technology communities of which I am a member, apparently age, longevity and sounding confident have convinced folks I knew what I was talking about. The one person that I failed to impress was me, I can always find a way to question my skills and qualifications.

"



'via Blog this'