03 December, 2017

drunk-snail comments on Just let me know when you’re ready? Thoughts and reflecting back on the loss of son a year ago today.

drunk-snail comments on Just let me know when you’re ready? Thoughts and reflecting back on the loss of son a year ago today.:

‘Just, let me know when you are ready.’
What? Ready? Ready for what? My worst nightmare had just come true. My newborn child had no chance of surviving more than a couple hours. I was in so much pain, they were giving me everything they could, I had gone into labor so fast they couldn’t do anything, now they were taking pitty on me, morphine and all her cousins made an appearance that night.
So I laid there, Husband sobbing at my bed side, my small little baby dying as he lay so peacefully on my chest. What could we do? Hold him, talk to him, just let him know that he was loved as I tried so hard to fight all the pain meds and stay awake.
‘Just, let me know when you are ready hun.’


'via Blog this'